Katrina Monday


Manic Monday

It's yet another Monday. I'm about as tired as I was on Friday, which is not good. One of my coworkers is out sick. I once described her to you as the Fantasy Comic Book Art Looking woman because she has a physique that looks like something a comic book artist would draw, but no real human could ever be like. In short, she's rather attractive. Anyway, I hope I'm not sick.

Hurricane Katrina is blasting New Orleans, which would be fine if it just washed the city clean, but it has apparently flooded the town and forced families to flee to the Superdome. The Superdome has since broken open due to the flood waters and now water is rushing inside, along with the rain now pouring down on the people inside it.

I don't care what you think about New Orleans, this is a bad thing. Where are the Saints gonna play football?

OK, I didn't really mean that. I do like the Saints somewhat, but it's the people I'm concerned about. What a nightmare!

You know who could use something like this? Dallas. Or rather, Irving. Yeah, as much as I want to go to a Cowboys game in their original stadium the fact is that they need a new place to play pretty badly. Remember that game against the Eagles when it was 107 outside and closer to 130 to 140 down on the field? I sure do, because Dallas lost. The Eagles players were instructed to drink pickle juice before the game and people said this was why they handled the extreme heat better. Then people argued that this was ridiculous. And back and forth it went. All I know is, nobody wants to play in a stadium where it gets to be 130 and higher down on the field with absolutely no air circulation whatever.

See, the original plan for the stadium called for a complete dome, with air conditioning. But for some reason they never put the lid on it, so there is no airflow whatever and that place gets rank in the summertime.

Oh, and gas went up to over $70 per barrel today. Have you gotten gas yet? Better hurry. It hasn't hit the pumps, but it's gonna real soon. And with the hurricane hitting the Gulf it may bust those oil pipelines down there again and send oil prices even higher. Did you know about that? One of the U.S.' major oil supplies is down there and the hurricanes sometimes bust the pipelines. When that happens we have a supply problem until they get it fixed. As if we need that right now.

So, it's raining on me here. I'm betting it's raining on all of you down in Florida. It's probably raining on you bloggers in Georgia. And I know last time I talked to Stephanie it was raining on all you Texas bloggers, too. Hey, how come I don't have anyone blogrolled from Louisianna or Mississippi? Well, I expect anyone I know down in Louisianna is probably pretty busy right about now and not inclined to blog so much.
You have read this article with the title Katrina Monday. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/08/katrina-monday.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...