Soggy Tired Tuesday


We're all a little damp here today. One of My Wife's enormous butterfly bushes has uprooted itself and fallen over. My neighbor's lovely pine trees bombed our roof and yard with the usual assortment of pine shit. The power went on and off all night long. Each time it did the telephone next to my head went CLICK-BEEEEEEP, the ceiling fan cut on and off with a barely audible buzz, the air-conditioning cut on and off with a loud hum, and there was a huge flash of bright light and associated BZZZZZZZZZZZ coming from somewhere up the street where a transformer was frying like grease at McDonald's.

In short, I slept like a straight man in prison with a big gay cellmate last night.

My Wife, meanwhile, said she was unaware of any of this. She slept like a rock. Or so she thinks. She was cranky and tired this morning and didn't hear half of what I said to her. Then she yelled at me that I must not have said it loud enough because obviously there is nothing wrong with her and she would have remembered me saying it unless I did something wrong somehow.

Yeah, I don't think she slept as well as she thinks she did.

So today I have a programming problem that I have been wrestling with for quite awhile. It requires a lot of concentration, and yet I'm dog tired. Yes, that's DOG tired, for those of you in the Northern and Western states, as well as Canada and the Greater West. I would include the East, but Retarius was the only person I know of from the East reading my blog and he's gone now. So, if I have unnecessarily excluded someone, say perhaps some beautiful blonde Australian woman, please let me know (American men love blonde Australian women, in case you have been under a rock lately and didn't know.)

Anyway, the point is, DOG tired is a Southern way of saying that a person is damned tired, but without saying 'damned' and thus getting whacked in the head by your daddy.

Getting back to the programming problem, apparently these applications I am now supporting involve a certain high level of visibility. I say 'now supporting' because I have changed to a new team and now work with the Fantasty Art Comic Book Looking Woman who makes me nervous and causes dopamine to dump into my brain. Anyway, my immediate boss currently is a VP. But his boss, a Senior VP, is fully aware of everything we are working on and keeps up with our deadlines and progress. When things go wrong a man so high I don't even know his title emails or calls, wanting to know the status. It's enough to make a man sweat without the benefit of exercise, sex, or coffee. So I badly need my mental powers of concentration today.

Unfortunately, I am tired and struggling to focus. And it's raining outside, which is making me sleepier still. The women who run the coffee black market here yell at me when they catch me spiking the pot with 3 or 4 extra scoops. But I need the kick. I need it. I need it real bad.

I wonder if I could create some sort of diversion to distract them just long enough for me to load up a fresh pot and fill my cup before they realize something is up?
You have read this article with the title Soggy Tired Tuesday. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/08/soggy-tired-tuesday.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...