Google, Verisign, and Various Money Related


Since I blogged about buying stock in Google a few months ago I might as well blog the follow-up. Google went sky high, up over $300 per share. I didn't feel like riding it all the way back down again, just in case it should ever start to fall back to Earth, so I put a Stop order under it. I placed a limit of $275 per share on my Google stock, figuring if it falls back that far then I want out.

Yesterday Google fell below $275 and my Stop order kicked off the sale automatically. By the time the sale was done it had briefly climbed back above $275, so I got a few pennies per share more, but the difference was negligible. The point is, I bought Google for about $200 per share and sold it all for $275. There are a lot of people who made a whole lot more money off this company than I just did, but I can only do what I can do. They'll probably make more off Google in the future, too, just by hanging on for the long term and riding this thing out.

Anyway, a few months ago another stock, a turd I bought in 1999 called Verisign, hit its' Stop limit order and sold, too. I lost almost as much on Verisign as I just made on Google, so it's a wash for tax purposes. I made nothing and I lost nothing.

Thanks Verisign. You suck.
You have read this article with the title Google, Verisign, and Various Money Related. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/08/google-verisign-and-various-money.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...