Loonies On The Path - part VIII - It's Only Me

I got up this morning tired and sore from last night's workout. My Wife had already left by the time I got out of the shower. When it came time to throw the cats out I could only find one, the Little Girl. So out she went, jingling as she shot through the door. I looked everywhere and couldn't find The Boy.

Pretty soon Little Girl realized she was outside all alone and was back at the door begging to come in again. I went through the house again and again searching for that cat. No cat. Where is he hiding? I even checked the garage to see if he'd slipped in there when My Wife left. No cat.

At the last minute I saw both cats at the back door wanting in. Ah, My Wife must have let him out and didn't tell me. Now I'm agitated and a little later for work than I'd meant to be.

In traffic there was only one person driving like a lunatic. Yes, it was definitely me. I passed a slow SUV near the High School where the road is 4 lanes.

Later I passed a guy in a Saturn who was determined to beat me from the light and block me out before the 4-lanes became only 2 again. Why he cared if I passed I couldn't say, but I kicked his Saturn-slow ass regardless.

YEAH!

Then I was behind another slow SUV. When I came to a legal passing zone there were other slow SUVs in front of that one so I didn't bother. No one today is really interested in getting to work except me. And I couldn't tell you why.

I got to work to find some problems that might not be problems. Then I couldn't get in touch with the people who could verify the big work issues one way or the other so I left messages. Internet Explorer crashed on me and aggravated me in the middle of all this. I found spyware on my computer. Microsoft is warning of another flaw in Windows and I had to download updates. I sent myself some email from home last night. The system quarantined it. WTF?

I arrived at work with something specific I wanted to write here. Now, after jumping through hoops with work problems I can't remember what it was. God? The President? Weird hot girls at the community college where I registered for a class yesterday? The outrageous cost of a used textbook on a topic that is better presented in a cheaper book from Microsoft?

Ah, now I remember.

Why is everyone so seemingly HAPPY about the apparent break-up of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston? I keep hearing it everywhere and not one person is saying, "Oh, how sad. That is terrible. They were such a great couple."

Everyone is just so excited and thrilled with this news, especially the people in the media. It's a great story in a time of no great stories. But how can you celebrate a broken marriage? Neither one is being accused of cheating or anything. They're just splitting. It's tragic, not entertaining. And people are jumping up and down with glee. What is wrong with people these days? Everything wrong is right and black is white. We are so fucked up. We can't even define marriage anymore.

Hell, we can't even define is.

So that's it. That's what I wanted to say.
You have read this article with the title Loonies On The Path - part VIII - It's Only Me. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/01/loonies-on-path-part-viii-it-only-me.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...