Friends Getting Together





Tonight the people I like most in the world are all getting together at The Corner to hear Lisa and Donny sing and play. They will most likely get wild and intoxicated and have way more fun than I had today, working on my truck in the cold, cold driveway. I had wanted more than anything to join them, but it is 200 miles away and I just couldn't make the trip this time.



I'm counting on them to fill me in on all the wild things I've just missed. I hope they don't drink too much and can't remember. Even better would be photos. Or video.



Or a live reenactment.



Along this path, sort of, I'm thinking I want to trade in my cell phone for a camera phone. I'd like to be able to snap quick pics anytime. I heard the government was going to force the manufacturers to install flashes that go off every single time a photo is taken. I hate that. I don't want that. I mean, I understand the reason for it, having had an obnoxious gay guy at work photograph me in the shower in the company gym. But even so I don't want a phone that flashes if I didn't need a flash. It just seems like making the camera malfunction because the government wants it to. That's dumb.



My cat, Little Girl, ripped a bird apart today. My Wife seems to think that she feels that we are mad at her and so she made a special point of catching something and bringing it to us. She had just eaten and clearly wasn't hungry at all, so she just ripped its' feathers off and then played with it. Later that afternoon I ran across the bird, still alive and suffering, over by the woodpile. The temperature was rapidly dropping and I knew the bird was probably not going to make it through the night, but even so I picked it up and put it in a space under the wood that would at least get the bird out of the cold wind and away from the cats. He stayed where I put him so I suppose he was satisfied with it. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if he's around. He certainly can't fly away.



I just now heard from my friends that there was snow in Nashville. Because of that and a few other complications most of my friends didn't make it to Lisa's show. So I guess I'm glad I didn't make the long drive down there, although I'm always glad to see Lisa, even if no one else can come.

You have read this article with the title Friends Getting Together. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/01/friends-getting-together.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...