A Comment That Turned Into A Blog

How does this happen? I was just reading Stacy's Blog and posting my comments when I found myself writing a novel. It occurred to me that I should just put it on my own blog instead of hogging all her space. So here it is, slightly edited to make more sense.



"First, I am very sorry to hear that you lost the baby and haven't been able to get pregnant for 10 years since.



Second, I can't tell you how much it bothers me that you haven't been able to get pregnant for 10 years since. My wife has been putting off our first baby forever and ever, always acting as if she can just get pregnant whenever she feels ready with no problem. Perhaps this is part of the 'something is building inside and I'm cracking up' that I mentioned? I don't know.



Third, if you smoke I can get you cigarettes cheaper than any store. I sometimes sell Marlboro lights here at work for $20 a carton. I can hook you up, not that I'm encouraging you to smoke or anything.



Key lime pie is my wife's big weakness, too. I suspect a lot of women wake up craving that. I don't know why. I sometimes wake up craving a lot of women, but never key lime pie. Maybe that's just me though?



Weight gain is a funny thing (not Ha Ha funny, but you know what I mean.) I gain weight and then it moves around. It starts right out front, like I'm a pregnant man. Then it tries to shift around to my sides, as if I can't lose it if I can't find it. I swear it moves all the way around to the back, trying to give me that plumber's "crack in the butt" physique that we all aspire to. My jeans don't fit right, but when I look in the mirror I look OK. Then I turn sideways and "Ah HA! There it is!"



Anyway, my own attempts at weight loss are constantly frustrated by the need to eat lunch with my coworkers and boss in order to maintain a good relationship. Eating out is definitely not a good way to lose weight. And I can't afford a personal trainer, but I sure could use one. The guys seem to love eating Mexican (No, I'm not talking about Salma Hayek.) And let me tell you, Mexican food is the anti-Atkins diet from hell.



Sometimes My Former Team Lead comes, too, as he did today. He has the connections and the info that we all need to stay alive here. Sometimes other high level managers come, sharing information we could not get any other way.



Sometimes My Attractive Female Coworker comes along, bringing her own special contribution to the conversation. She has connections all the way to the top. If there is an "old boy network" then they very much like her and bring her on board. And since it isn't "boys" I don't know what you'd call it. It's just people who climbed the ladder and intend to stay up there, I guess. But that certainly isn't as catchy to say, is it?



Know what? I am just blabbing away. I think I might just put this on my own blog with a hyperlink to yours. How would that be?



Meanwhile, I hope a miracle occurs and you lose all the weight you want, get pregnant, and give up smoking without the slightest craving. I just want you to be happy."



Well anyway, Stacy mentioned key lime pie. Tonight is Friday and I should be taking My Wife out to eat. I'm betting she'll have key lime pie for dessert. It never occurred to me that the way to a woman's heart is key lime pie. But now that I know I'm telling the whole world.

You have read this article with the title A Comment That Turned Into A Blog. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/01/a-comment-that-turned-into-blog.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...