Loonies On The Path - Part XII - The Fog

It's cold and foggy, but the sun is shining over the fog. There was a layer of ice on the windshields of every car parked outside. Your breath is visible as if you were smoking a Marlboro Light cigarette, which I can get your for $20 per carton by the way.

In traffic there was something in the air. In My Little Redneck Town a woman was highly impatient. At a redlight on a 2-lane road she tried to pass me on the wrong side of the road. I'm not sure why. There was a line of cars in front of me and nowhere to go. I was turning right and she wanted to turn left. She tried to pass all the cars on the wrong side of the road to make her turn. They were all turning left too. It didn't work.

At this same intersection, after I got the green light and made my way onto the road, just as I was pulling out and heading right a woman in a Lincoln Navigator ran the light and flew up on my ass. She tailgated me for aways. At some point I suppose she realized that she had possibly been in the wrong, having run the light, and backed off.

Every 4-way stop was a battle. In Crazy Cordova, one old man decided to tailgate through the stop, riding the ass of the woman who went ahead of him. It was her time to go and I was turning left behind her. He was intent on running right behind her without stopping and pushing me aside. I was not impressed and went anyway. He decided not to hit me, apparently, and slowed enough for me to go on. He didn't shoot me a bird or honk and scream or any of the usual Cordova gestures that I have grown accustomed to. I guess he knew he was wrong and just wanted to get on with tailgating the woman. Who can say?

I have no idea how much the weather is responsible for the crazy behavior in traffic today. My Wife was crazy last night, beginning quite suddenly at 10:30. I have no idea why. But I think it's interesting the things that affect our moods. I'm wondering now if there is more of this crazy aggression on Fridays than on other days. I'm starting to think so.
You have read this article with the title Loonies On The Path - Part XII - The Fog. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/02/loonies-on-path-part-xii-fog.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...