A Fool And His Money - part 2 for 1

Today, in the middle of trying to hunt down zillions of little check image files for My Formerly Alleged Rival in Birmingham I decided to look at my stocks and see how much money I'm bleeding.

I discovered, much to my surprise, that I have exactly twice as many shares of Ebay as I had yesterday.

I looked again.

Yes, I still have twice as many shares of Ebay as I had yesterday.

Ebay split 2 for 1 today.

Wheeeeeeee!

OK, this doesn't make my stock worth any more money. It doesn't increase my net worth by one red cent. But it's fun just the same.

That's probably why they split stocks like this, you know, because it's fun. That's my guess, anyway. There's probably other, more intellectual explanations for it, possibly involving making the stock more affordable to potential buyers and thus maintaining the volume of purchases and resulting influx of cash. Yeah, blah blah blah. BORING.

Anyway, now I've got a surplus of Ebay. I wonder if I could trade some shares for a bag of magic beans, plus get my cow back? That's called a 'twofer' in trading circles.
You have read this article with the title A Fool And His Money - part 2 for 1. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/02/a-fool-and-his-money-part-2-for-1.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...