The Table

mary table

My wife has a table.

It's big and square and has a glass top and looks all pretty.

It sits in the center of the living room in front of the couch.

There is a bowl with fake flowers in it in the center of the table.

But you aren't allowed to put anything else on the table.

I try to put things there, but I get attacked.

"Don't put your mail on the table! It's looks cluttery!"

"Well what's the table for if we can't put anything on it?"

"I don't want it all cluttery."

We have a giant table in the center of our living room, but you can't put anything on it. You can't use it for anything. It's huge, like a tool shed, and takes up all the space between the couch and the entertainment center. The cats use it like a fort. They hide underneath it and peer up at us through the glass top.

I could see having this giant table if we actually used it. You know, if we could actually put things on it then it might be useful. But as it is the damn thing is just a giant obstruction. I don't understand this, so I thought I might take this opportunity to exploit the great and mighty blog. There are a lot more women than men on the blog, or so it seems, so I was wondering if any of you could take a crack at explaining this table phenomenon to me, please? It's just all so confusing.
You have read this article with the title The Table. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/11/the-table.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...