In My Head

spektor

I have a song in my head. And it's going nowhere, but it keeps circling there. I can't sing it. 'Cause I can't sing. But if I hum the tune maybe someone will write it down. It won't be me. I don't have time. But even so, the song is mine. Or maybe I stole the tune. But you can't prove it. No, you can't prove a thing.

No one comes by and the weather's cold and the sky is dark. I got a letter from an old friend. She's doing fine. Gonna have a baby. It's coming soon. But the daddy's got his demons. He ain't there. He's far away. Still she won't cry. She's done with that. She's starting over.

Maybe I'm not funny anymore? So much work to do but there's always more. I have a song. It's in my head. I can't sing it, but I know the tune. And most of the words. There might be more someday.

It's dark out now. And cold in here. But I don't care. There's things to do. And it's all so new. No one knows how. No one, not here. I'm on my own. I have nothing to fear. It'll pay someday. When it takes me away from here. To another town.

That's all there is. Not a very good song.
You have read this article with the title In My Head. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/11/in-my-head.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...