100 Bits of Crap About Me - 76 through 85


I have more crap about myself to tell you. I can't do 100 at a time like Katya the amazing 100 Things machine, so I have to post them in parcels of 10. Here are the latest 10:


  1. I shoot well enough with a 9 mm but I still prefer an old .357 revolver.

  2. I am having a royally shitty day today.

  3. Of all my different sources of heritage, the Scottish in me is apparently fairly dominant. If you ever hear of an old man dying in his shack, with no heat or electricity, and they find $1 million in his mattress that he tucked away over the years, but never spent a single dime on himself, that man is Scottish, I guarantee.

  4. I can’t listen to music if I don’t like the words. Even if the song is great otherwise, if the singer is saying things I don’t like for whatever reason then I can’t stand the song. I hear every word of every song. I can’t block it out. I also hear all the instruments. I don’t relax to music, I analyze. I hear the bass and I separate it from the guitars. And I separate out the keyboards. If I listen to a song enough times I’ll have it all picked to pieces in my head. If I can’t tell which instrument is doing what it kind of bugs me.

  5. At concerts if I can get right up on the wall in front of the band I practically miss the show because I end up focusing on the guitars. At a Heart concert I ended up watching Nancy Wilson to see how many frets she could stretch her fingers to reach. She has little hands. I don’t know why this mattered to me.

  6. I once emailed my old college music teacher because I had this song stuck in my head, but I didn’t know the name of it or how to find it because it has no words and I didn’t know the title or composer. I described it for her in my email as well as a song without words can be described in an email and amazingly enough she guessed it. Now I have it on CD.

  7. I have always been people-oriented. When I’d draw or paint or went out to shoot random photos I always gravitated toward people. I never cared about drawing bowls of fruit or draped cloth or painting flowers or shiny bottles. These days I end up photographing things such as flowers and cats mostly for practice, but what I really want is to hire a model and focus on photographing people. It’s always in the back of my mind.

  8. Our waitress at the Chile’s restaurant in My Little Redneck Town, Jade, would make a fantastic model. She has the perfect lines, especially her face. But she’s not a very good waitress. I don’t think I’ll tell her that though.

  9. My Oldest Sister used to be a fantastic painter. She focused on drawing and painting anything and everything except for people. Mostly she was fascinated with horses. When she’d do a painting that required a person in it I’d draw the person for her and she’d finish it from there. One day she quit painting and never picked it up again, just like I did with drawing.

  10. When I am really bored in traffic, or if I’m just stressed in general, I’ll sing at the top of my lungs to the car stereo, no matter what song is playing (although if it's a stupid song then I'll make fun of it.) The local redneck boys will sometimes point and laugh if they notice me singing in my truck, but I don’t care. It’s like being mocked by a monkey or a squirrel. Big deal.

You have read this article with the title 100 Bits of Crap About Me - 76 through 85. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/05/100-bits-of-crap-about-me-76-through-85.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...