100 Stupid Things About Me - part IV - 36 through 45


The train of thought continues. Here are numbers 36 through 45 of some of the most trivial and useless details of who I am, as if you had some reason to want to know this stuff.

  1. I hate the show “E.R.” so much that I’d rather watch nothing at all than to watch that show.
  2. I met Cybil Shepherd and got her to autograph her autobiography for me. After reading it I didn’t like her so much.
  3. I met 7 time Ms Olympia Cory Everson and her husband at Gold’s Gym back when she was the champ. They were both really cool.
  4. The blonde CSI woman on CSI-Miami is dating an ordinary guy who lives in Memphis and used to be a client of My Wife’s.
  5. I have never been inside Graceland, but I’ve driven past it many times on my way to Taco Bell and the Post Office. It looks like an ordinary house with a graffiti-covered front gate.
  6. The fastest I have ever gone in a car is 140 mph. The car was a 1967 Camaro with a 427 equipped with a tunnel ram. We were on a street leading to a military base and it was about 12 o’clock midnight. No one was around. We went from 0 to 140 in about 10 seconds, which was slower than he usually ran at the dragstrip, but faster than I had ever gone.
  7. The first thing I did when I bought my 1970 Chevelle SS454 was to make sure it would spin the tires while driving at over 40 mph. I had ridden with a friend in high school who had a 1969 Oldsmobile 442 and when he did that with his car I was so impressed I swore one day I’d have something that could do it, too. What possible use this is I haven’t a clue, but it sure is fun to be able to be cruising next to someone and just start roasting your back tires before disappearing with a roar in a big cloud of tire smoke.
  8. The most painful wreck I ever had was on someone else’s motorcycle. And she wasn’t too happy when I told her I’d wrecked it, as you might imagine. We had both just done really badly on a Physics exam and the whole idea of riding was to let off some steam. Instead of letting off steam I took on asphalt.
  9. The most embarrassing and potentially painful wreck I was almost in was on my brother-in-law’s motorcycle, in a parking lot, in New York, involving a parked car. Just like the first motorcycle wreck this involved a patch of mud and a sliding backend (unintentional.) Luckily I regained control just in time to avoid tattooing myself onto the side of the parked car. One week later my brother-in-law’s roommate did the exact same thing except he hit the car.
  10. I nearly ran over my own face while still on the back of my motorcycle once when I was 14 and learning how to jump. I went over the handlebars just far enough to stick my face onto the treads of the spinning front wheel as I landed from a particularly awkward jump.
You have read this article with the title 100 Stupid Things About Me - part IV - 36 through 45. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/04/100-stupid-things-about-me-part-iv-36.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...