Battle of Wills


There is a man in the bathroom as I enter. He is trying to pee. I go into a stall and do the same.

Long awkward silence. No one is peeing.

"Ahem," my throat clearing echoes like thunder through the tomblike silence of this bathroom.

"Why doesn't he just give up and leave," I wonder silently in my head.

He is no doubt wishing the same of me.

Tick tick tick tick.

I can hear my watch.

Good Lord, it's quiet in here.

Hey, I've got all freakin' day, Man. You can just give it up and get the hell out 'cause I ain't leavin' until I've done what I came to do.

Tick tick tick tick.

Time seems to just crawl by.

"Creak" - SLAM!

Ha HA! I win!

And now it just flows effortlessly. What is up with that?

You have read this article with the title Battle of Wills. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/04/battle-of-wills.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...