Late Night Accident

Last night at 4 a.m. when I was too tired to finish the previous blog post I went into the kitchen to get some water before going to bed. My Wife was asleep and I didn't want to wake her, so I didn't turn on any lights. It's my house and I know my way around so this is usually not a problem. Tonight, though, it was a problem. I had run the dishwasher at around 8 and then opened it up to air dry the dishes instead of using the heat cycle to do it. We do this all the time so it's no big deal. But tonight it was a big deal because when I went into the kitchen the dishwasher was open, with the door stretching across the kitchen. I stumbled along in the dark, already tired and clumsy, and smashed right into the dishwasher door. I nearly fell into it because I had nothing to grab onto to stop my fall. Somehow I managed to get a bear hug on the refrigerator and keep myself from falling in, but in the process I tore off a lot of skin from my shin.

OK, so now my leg is bruised like hell and I'm bleeding pretty good. The collision also made a huge CRASH sound which I'm concerned may have awakened My Wife and thus defeated the whole purpose of walking around in the dark. I have to get a bandage from the closet, which is at the other end of the house. I'm bleeding and can't very well climb into bed like that because I'll get blood all over the sheets and My Wife will then murder me and probably wrap my dead body in the now bloody sheets before disposing of me in the river (this is the only real advantage to living in a city on the Mississippi River.)

I get my now swelling and bloody leg bandaged and creep into bed. My Wife doesn't make a sound. Maybe I didn't wake her after all?

The next morning I go into the kitchen to make some breakfast. My Wife has already left for work. I opened the dishwasher to check the door for damage. Thank God My Wife didn't open it because she would have asked me what the big glob of junk on the side was. I found a big piece of my skin still stuck to the dishwasher door from last night's collision. No wonder I bled so much. I left half my leg behind and it was still there.

Anyway, I cleaned it up so My Wife should never see it. Aren't I nice?
You have read this article with the title Late Night Accident. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/04/late-night-accident.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...