On the Road Again - short photo history

I picked up my gray Ford Crown Vic
from the rental place and headed out Wednesday afternoon for Illinois.
Leaving Memphis I crossed over the river into Arkansas.

Lovely Arkansas

I had to stop briefly in Arkansas for various "personal" reasons.


Pit Stop


I accidently entered the wrong facility.
No, I'm only kidding.


This is the fabulous men's room at the Arkansas Citgo, just in case you were dying to know.


I photographed myself in this lovely men's bathroom with my tiny Philips digital camera before leaving. Don't ask why. I have no idea what I was thinking at the time.


Back on the road, the weather for this trip was absolutely fabulous.


There were tornado warnings on the radio by the time I crossed over into Missouri and I was just thrilled to death about it.


This is how the sky above me looked as I drove along thinking about Dorothy and the land of Oz and how she got there.


It only got darker and windier along the way. My rented Crown Victoria was being tossed around by the winds like a Geo Metro with a sail on top. It was then that I discovered how easily the car could cruise at 90 mph.


Over the river and through the woods, the storm is chasing me ...


Darker and darker


Finally I reached the hotel in one piece. And just as I did my GPS unit crapped out. It wouldn't work again for the rest of the trip.

The next day I went to work using a MapQuest map which turned out to have a small error in it. Whee, where am I going? Anyway, I made it there eventually and got to work.

I worked with 2 representatives from a vendor and the entire team from our bank who needed to use the system which we were setting up. It took us a full 8 hours to finish. This process was just too exciting for pictures so you'll just have to imagine all the fun in your head while looking at this generic computer room photo.

After work, with my GPS unit in the shitter and my MapQuest map wrong, I just winged it back to the general area of my hotel. I stopped along the way at a Walgreens drugstore.


Run!

As I was leaving the drugstore I observed this interesting couple come racing up. She appeared to have dressed quickly, putting on some thin pink pants over black panties which shined like a beacon through the thin material.


They were in and out in a remarkable hurry. What do you suppose a couple could possibly be up to that they needed to throw on clothes and race to a drugstore for something before racing away again in a panting, sweaty fury? What could inspire a beautiful girl to run around in public with her black panties shining through to the world and not care in the least? This is quite a mystery.


Back at the hotel


Once I got back things went a little crazy.
Wait, that's a different story. I'll talk about that some other time.


Once alone in my room again, I did a lot of this.


Ha Ha, I'm not sorry. Buy my book.

At one point I got a little wild and moved over to the bed. Whooie, I'm a crazy man!

"Hanoi" Jane Fonda was on Letterman, supposedly to apologize for her statements calling American pilots murderers and war criminals and her actions in support of the communists in Vietnam which resulted in the torture and deaths of several U.S. POWs. But all she actually said was that it was a "mistake" for her to sit on the seat of a gun and that she hadn't actually noticed what she was sitting on until a photo was taken. She said she "regretted" having the photo taken and that the rest of the story and things she did was all just a vast right-wing conspiracy against her. I felt glad that I hadn't gone out to eat a big expensive dinner that night. It would have gone to waste. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the meaning of the word "apology" because I didn't hear her apologize for anything according to my understanding of the term. In fact, she sounded pretty much the same as she always has, except that she has a book to sell.

The next day I headed home.


Going home


The weather had improved dramatically. No doubt Gilligan and the Skipper were left stranded on an island somewhere, but I was doing fine and ready to go home.


Hello Again

Driving a gray Ford Crown Victoria I began to notice that some drivers were treating me funny. I could put the cruise control on 90 mph and people would get out of my way. At first I thought the people in Missouri were just really nice, but then I remembered that the same thing had happened the other day while driving through Arkansas to get up here. It occurred to me that people may be mistaking me for a cop.


Missouri on a sunny Spring day is beautiful


I stopped at a Missouri welcome center to use the bathroom


But I had to leave in a hurry.


Everything was scenic throughout Missouri


But then I entered Arkansas.
Suddenly it was hazy and dark again.


And as I approached the bridge to cross over into Memphis my digital camera died.

How appropriate.
You have read this article with the title On the Road Again - short photo history. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/04/on-road-again-short-photo-history.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...