Gym Time, Painful Morning, Gay Coworkers

flash

I went to the gym last night. It doesn't seem to be doing much good, but I go anyway. I had hopes, yes, high hopes that the New Year's Resolution People would have cleared out a good bit by now. But no, they were EVERYWHERE. It was so crowded I almost left without working out. Luckily for me, New Year's Resolution People mostly don't know what they're doing so they avoid the free weights. I didn't get to do the exact workout that I had in mind, but I did an old one I was doing just a few weeks ago. That worked fine.

Meanwhile, some of the hot young daughters of the New Year's Resolution People were checking out the young guys pumping iron on either side of me. The guys were mostly regulars, but the girls were new.

One good thing about New Year's Resolution People is that they all leave at about the same time. At 8 p.m. they were heading out the door. Bye bye! So then I could do the rest of my normal routine without stumbling over them. I can't ever recall a time before last night when the entire exercise ball/ab section was overrun with people. Good Lord, can't you people do this at home?! Anyway, if anyone at the gym needed work on their abs it was me. It sure as hell wasn't the daughters of the New Year's Resolution People. They all had tight, flat stomachs and perfect bodies. I guess you get to look that way when you're a teenager though.

I finished my workout with a run. I had run about 2 miles when some guy got on the treadmill next to me. He ran the same pace as me for awhile. Then I noticed he started looking at me. We'd run a bit more and then he'd look over again. Eventually, when I got to the 4 mile point, he slowed his treadmill down and walked. I went for another mile with him looking at me again and again and eventually leaving. I guess he expected to outrun me? I probably look much worse than him so he probably assumed he'd run much longer than I did. After all, he seemed intent on matching my pace. It wasn't as if I was flying. I did sprint the last .10 of a mile leading up to the 4 mile point, but then I decided to keep going so I slowed way down for the next mile. By the time I reached the 5 mile point I was just trotting along. I don't know what he was looking at, but it made me want to turn to him and shout, "WHAT?!!!" Of course I didn't. That would be obnoxious and dumb. Then again, something being obnoxious and dumb has rarely ever stopped me from doing it in the past.

This morning my hip joints hurt like an old lady with a walker. I'm waddling like a cowboy. My legs don't hurt and nothing on my upper body hurts. Just my hip joints. It's just funky.

Is it rude of me to think that one of my coworkers is gay? He could be married for all I know. I'm not really sure. But he is just so ... prissy. He's got really long black hair, long like Cher kinda long. And he likes to put it in a ponytail, taking it out every once in awhile and shaking it around like a freshman high school girl trying to attract the attention of a senior. He smokes, frequently standing out front doing that squinty-eyed, looking off into the distance in deep thought pose that seems highly popular among the smoking elite. But he doesn't hold his cigarette like a guy. I don't know how to explain that. I just know it isn't right. And he talks ... he talks like ... VERY precise, nasally, and somewhat high pitched. He's smart enough and a decent guy, but he's very high strung. He even moves like a gay guy. I don't know how many gay Unix administrators there are in the world, but I'm guessing that he's one of them. Is that rude?

OK, I need coffee and a poop now.
You have read this article with the title Gym Time, Painful Morning, Gay Coworkers. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/02/gym-time-painful-morning-gay-coworkers.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...