I Had A Neighbor

I had a neighbor, when I first moved in I saw her, she had beautiful blonde hair and the body of a stripper. She would always be out in her front yard mowing the grass. The yard was always perfect. Her son would be riding his bicycle around the driveway while she worked.

She had a fire engine red Dodge Ram pickup truck that she drove every day. She had a two car garage and parked it dead in the center because it was, apparently, just her and her son living there.

One day I noticed she had chopped her hair all off. It was super short and I hated it. But she still mowed her yard in a tiny tank top and shorts with that body of hers.

One day we noticed the yard wasn't taken care of. Later we saw a neighbor boy mowing it. Where was the lady? Her truck was still in the garage, but she was nowhere to be seen.

The next time I saw her she was pulling her fire engine red pickup into her garage. It had a pink breast cancer ribbon on the back tailgate.

After that I saw her being driven home by someone else. She was riding in the passenger seat and didn't look good. She went inside and didn't come out for days.

That Halloween she and a man and her son came to our door all dressed in costumes. She held out her sack and gave a big smile and said, "trick or treat!" I thought it odd that a woman apparently in her 30s was trick-or-treating, but when I realized who she was I gave her all she wanted. I had never actually met her face-to-face before. She had a pretty smile.

For at least 2 years I kept an eye out for her, just to see how things were going and if she seemed to be getting better.

The last time I saw her she was riding away in her friend's car. She was crying huge tears and looked to be in a lot of pain.

Today there is a car in her driveway, but it isn't hers. There is a sign on her door. She's not there.

I had a neighbor. And now she's gone.
You have read this article with the title I Had A Neighbor. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/01/i-had-neighbor.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...