Superbowl XL and Other Random Thoughts

Steelers Superbowl XL

I watched the Superbowl last night. I don't strongly like or dislike either the Seahawks or the Steelers. I have cheered for both on different occasions. Last night it was clear that the Seahawks were stronger than the Steelers. Even the announcers were saying so by halftime. The one thing the Steelers had going for them of great significance was the referees.

3 bad calls, and all in critical situations that killed Seattle's momentum and even took points off the board, altered the outcome of the game. Seattle had a touchdown called back for a non-offense. Pushing off, the refs said. And the TV announcers, 3 former NFL players and a lifetime sportscaster, all agreed it was a bullshit call. The result was a field goal. The other 2 missed field goals should not have even been necessary. A holding call that wasn't holding, sending them back 10 yards, out of range. A 15 yard penalty for "blocking below the waist" because the Seattle quarterback tackled the ballcarrier at the knees. Total bullshit, and again, the announcers even said as much, which they try not to do because the networks don't want people to feel that the game was a sham. But it was.

As for the Steelers' touchdown where the refs said the quarterback crossed the line, that was a tough call no matter what, but it looked like the ball crossed the front of the white line while he was in the air and that was as far as it got. If that's a touchdown then the call was legit.

I hate bad refs. I hate them with a passion. I don't care what sport it is, I hate bad refs. They're like activist judges who violate the Constitution by making up new laws or invalidate legitimate laws to suit their own unlawful whims. They destroy all credibility. They destroy faith in the process. They make organized sports and civilization itself impossible to maintain. They make revolt necessary.

It's too bad the refs for the Superbowl sucked so badly. It could have been a better game. Pittsburgh got their running game going in the second half, but only after Seattle had been hamstrung by the bad referees. Who knows how the game would have gone if it had been handled by competent refs?

It's snowing/sleeting here right now. It's not expected to stick or accumulate. My ass is dragging and I have a lot of work to do. I need to research some issues and I really have no idea at this point what is wrong with the system. How do you tell your customers "I have no idea" and not get into trouble? It's too bad I'm not a politician right now or I would know better how to stall. Whatever is wrong, it's a problem. Now how in the hell do I fix it?

I worked on the scene that the Movie Man wants last night. It's more or less done, but I don't know why I've had so much trouble focusing on this. I used to be really good at this kind of thing. I need to finish up the ending and then I'll send it to him. I had 2 endings, but I think I may just go with one of them that I think has the best twist. It's more final. I don't know how to explain that.

My head is spinning and I keep typing because there was something else I had wanted to say, but now I can't remember what it was. I guess I'm thinking if I just keep writing it will eventually fall out, but so far I've had no luck with that.

I need to go visit Avery's blog. Since she works in the NFL and was sitting next to an NFL player at the game itself I'd be curious to hear what she thought about the game and the refs' calls.

And what's the story with the Lingerie Bowl? Did anyone watch this? Are they legitimately beating the hell out of each other trying to win this game? I found a photo of The Chicago Bears' William Perry running with the ball and the women trying to tackle him. WTF? Was this game any good?
Lingerie Bowl Lauren Bergfeld


Oh, one thing I forgot to mention - The Mother In Law called us 50 fucking times during the Superbowl! Every fucking minute the phone was ringing and it was her, with stupid, useless shit including: How do I work my answering machine? Your Brother's white trash pig of a wife has been calling Your Sister trying to win her over to her side against you. There are houses for sale in my neighborhood that you could live in so I can run your life better. How's it going? And many, many more!
You have read this article with the title Superbowl XL and Other Random Thoughts. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/02/superbowl-xl-and-other-random-thoughts.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...