I won?

I found this story in "Oddly Enough" news. It caught my eye because the guy has my name.

Winning Powerball Ticket Found Under Bed


Fri Feb 24, 5:40 PM ET


SHREVEPORT, La. - After hearing of a newspaper account of an unclaimed $853,492 Powerball ticket from October, Steve Jones decided to do a little housecleaning. Of the three tickets he swept out from under the bed, one wound up being the prizewinner.

On Thursday, Jones took the ticket to the Louisiana Lottery Corp.'s headquarters in Baton Rouge and walked out with $597,447 after taxes.

"Someone had mentioned to me there was a story in the paper about the missing ticket," Jones said. "I buy them all the time, and after he told me that, I went into the room I sleep in and started looking. I grabbed me a mop and went up under the bed and found three of them."

Jones took the tickets to a liquor store where he buys many of his lottery tickets, and a store clerk scanned them.

"The first two were nothing, but the third ticket said I needed to go the lottery office," said Jones. "I didn't know whether it was the Match-5 winnings or something else. But when they said I had to drive to Baton Rouge, I started looking for someone to drive me."

The retailer who sold the Match-5 Bonus ticket got $8,534. Match-5 Bonus, pays a bonus to players who match the five white ball numbers but do not correctly match the red Powerball number when a record Powerball jackpot is surpassed.

Jones' ticket was to expire April 17. Winners of the lottery's draw games, such as Powerball, have 180 days after the drawing to claim their prize.

___
You have read this article with the title I won?. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-won.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...