Post Valentine's Day

Yesterday I went home at lunch to set up the house and surprise My Wife for Valentines Day. I hung red ribbons across the ceiling in the living room. Then I put a red Heart balloon in the garage right in front of the door so that when she pulled her car in it was right in front of her, alerting her that something was up.

heart balloon

When she got that balloon she found a note taped to it, "I love you."

She came in the door to the kitchen where she was looking straight through the next doorway to the living room. In the living room straight through the doorway I had a gigantic heart balloon with HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY printed on it, and another note taped to it. She couldn't miss it.

valentines balloon

When she turned to put her keys down on the table there was a dozen red roses in a glass vase, hiding the smell of Booger Bear's poop which he just took in the litter box as soon as I let him in the house, causing me to scream obscenities and throw both cats right back outside again.

rose

But the roses were just a misdirection. Roses aren't her favorite, but she wouldn't think I'd remember that. Roses are a standard for Valentine's Day. Awwww, roses.

When she went into the living room and put her first red heart balloon with her gigantic second one she saw all the red ribbons hanging from the ceiling.

Then she turned and looked on the glass table in front of the couch. There I had 14 red tulips in a planter. THAT is her favorite. Tulips drown and rot in Memphis yards and we have drowned more than our share. So now she has some growing inside the house courtesy of moi.

tulips

When she went to the bedroom to change clothes there was her Valentine's Day card and a heart-shaped box of chocolates on the pillow.

When she took her card and candy she found another note hidden under the box.

She brought it all into the living room to her seat on the couch. When she got there she found a stuffed Snoopy dog in her seat. She picked him up so she could sit down. Hidden under him was another note, "this is where My Honey sits." It had an arrow pointing down to her seat.

About this time I came in the door with supper from her favorite restaurant. I would have been home in time to see her reactions to all of this, but I had made a side trip to Target, where I never shop, to buy the DVD of "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon for us to watch. But they didn't have it and they didn't have any help so I searched and searched until I gave up and went home, just in time to find that she had gotten there and found all her stuff without me.

I came in the door and she was giggling and grinning from ear to ear. She hadn't even changed clothes. She had all her stuff piled in the living room together.

And she had brought the cats back in. Our Little Girl cat couldn't stop staring at the giant swaying balloons in the center of the room. She was mesmerized by them. The Boy was just hiding in his bed, afraid he'd get thrown out again for pooping in the box and stinking up my Valentine's surprise.

"I wanted to be here to see your face," I said to her.

She threw her arms around me and kissed me, giggling and laughing and hugging the stuffing out of me for a long, long time.

Late that night, as she was climbing into bed, she pulled her covers back and giggled some more. "It's another note!"

"Yep."

This morning, when she was getting her clothes together before taking her shower she started giggling again. "There's another note in my underwear!"

"Yep. Happy Valentine's Day, Honey."

"Happy Valentine's Day. I love you!"
You have read this article with the title Post Valentine's Day. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/02/post-valentine-day.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...