Stacy's Request - Sticky Questions

Well, I had planned to blog about St. Louis first thing, but since 'Hello' is all messed up and I can't post my photos I'll have to try to respond to Stacy's quiz about books. Keep in mind that it is 1:30 in the morning and I am dead from travelling. I am already falling over in this chair so I may pass out and not finish. Also, my bookshelves are so overfilled that I have books stuffed in front of other books on each shelf, causing the shelves to bend and warp and preventing me from seeing all the books I have that I want to read or have already read. And there are more under the bed and on the nightstand, but I can't go in there to get the exact titles from them because My Wife has to work tomorrow and is asleep. Imagine me trying to explain why I'm waking her up at this time of night just so I can see what books I've got under the bed and blog about them.

You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
I don’t really understand this question. If you’re just asking what book I’d want to be … I can’t think of a book I’d want to be. Playboy magazine, maybe? No? Maybe The Kuma Sutra? Do you have any idea how long it's been since I read 'Fahrenheit 451?'

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Yes...Galadriel in "Lord of the Rings." Hey, it was the summer between 7th and 8th grade and I was in hell.

The last book you bought was?
Microsoft ADO.NET. If you find this exciting then you are an even bigger computer geek than me. I needed it for work, that’s all. No pleasure reading here.

The last book you read was?
Jay Leno’s autobiography. He’s a wild and crazy guy and I think he made some of that stuff up.

What are you currently Reading?
”Economics in One Lesson” by Henry Hazlitt, “The Tyranny of Good Intentions” by Paul Craig Roberts and Lawrence M. Stratton, several computer books, one of Peter Drucker’s big management books, and several other equally exciting titles. Hey, I didn’t say I’m speed-reading these. I may have been working on them bit by bit for a long time. I’m just saying I’m currently reading them. When they're fun titles I read them cover-to-cover in a weekend, so I wouldn't be able to blog about them as I'd be already done.

Five books you would take to a deserted island?
Well, that depends on whether I went there on purpose or was stuck there. Let’s say I went there on purpose, just because I can imagine I have a nice hut and hot bikini-wearing native girl to see if I need anything while I'm reading (seriously, if I were stranded on a deserted island I'd spend all my time hunting for food and trying to build a boat, not reading books. You'd probably end up eating the books or burning them for heat anyway.)

1. The Bible – you want something to make you think and take up some time? Fine. Read this and see if you can’t read it again and again and still find new things you missed before. And as you get older it changes even more, because you understand so much more about the world.

2. “The Hobbit” by Tolkien. I’d say all the Lord of the Rings books, but since they’re broken into 3 that would take up 3 choices. So I choose the first book.

3. The New Prince : Machiavelli Updated for the Twenty-First Century by Dick Morris because I plan to read it anyway.

4. The Art of War” by Niccolo Machiavelli, just in case I wanted to become king of the natives.

5. “Witness” by Whittaker Chambers. It upset all the right people so it must be important.

And now, without any rhyme or reason, I'm passing the stick to Retarius over in Asia, primarily because he posts his reviews of various books from time to time anyway.


Or can I pass it twice and also ask Brighton? There are some who say she's too smart for stripping, but when you hear the salary you realize she's just smart enough to be making way more money than you.

You have read this article with the title Stacy's Request - Sticky Questions. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/03/stacy-request-sticky-questions.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...