Another Friday Blog

I've been trying to get time to work on this VBScript assignment that was never given to me. While I was talking to The Coworker in the Cube Across From Me about a meeting for The Secure Image Application that I was not told about, The Beautiful Fantasy Art-Looking Woman came by. She has been up all night working on problems and is wired on coffee. She was bouncing off the walls. It was so entertaining to see her jumping around in those high-heeled boots and jeans, I just can't tell you. She makes me feel happy just looking at her.

I asked her if she knew anything about VBScript and she said, "What? Are you kidding?" We were in VB class together, but VB is only marginally similar to VBScript. What she meant was, "if you don't then why would you think I do?"

Anyway, My Previously Bitter and Now Apathetic and Discouraged Female Coworker came by occasionally to see how my work on the program was coming along. She bought 2 books on VBScript today, one of which I already have and the other of which isn't much help. We talked some about things. She seemed to feel that I was talking too loudly about my very strong feeling that I am just being set up for layoff by having all of my reponsibilities handed to others with me listed as 'backup' only. She was concerned that the Big Boss' secretary overhears and then calls him up to tattle.

Perhaps this is why My Discouraged Coworker whispers so much? Ah, I have found a piece of the puzzle!

The thing is, I already talked to him about my successfully completed project, as well as my desire to do more. He listened, but didn't offer much at the time. I don't think my current lack of responsibilities and resulting unhappiness is going to cause him to jump up and find me something important to be in charge of. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion anyway.

In the meantime, I get to work this Saturday night until ....? And again next weekend, from Saturday night until ... ? The Unix Admins and the Network guys are rerouting part of the system and I have to shut down some applications beforehand. This isn't expected to be joyous fun, but at least I'm doing something.
You have read this article with the title Another Friday Blog. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/03/another-friday-blog.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...