Stressed Too Much for Coffee

OK, so today I posted an article verbatim in which a guy who goes by the apparently popular name of "Rooster" was shot and killed. And look, he's in Tennessee!

Git'er done!

Anyway, work is kicking my ass. When I joined this team there were 5 of us, with 2 being Microsoft dudes and me being a defector from C and Unix and knowing absolutely nothing about the world of Microsoft development. Less than a month after I joined the team one of the Microsoft dudes left to work elsewhere. It was stressful, but we struggled on.

Yesterday the last remaining Microsoft dude announced that he is leaving to go work at the same company the other guy went to. So, all this guy's work is falling on me. Just prior to that, the boss came up here for a meeting with us and gave us all plenty of work to do.

So, I have now more than an overload of work, plus trying to take on this guy's overload of work before he leaves and takes all the answers with him. And as is so typical, as all of this is happening suddenly everything that can possibly break or distract me is breaking and distracting me all at once. I don't even have time to breath.

Tomorrow is Klinapalooza and I don't have time to get my things together. I'm trying to find time in between heart attacks to get a hotel room, since we don't have time to go get sleeping bags or cots, and figure out what we need to bring. I don't have a good digital camera to take with me and every time I've taken time out to go to a store and look for a particular model that is supposed to be good the fuckers don't have it.

"Oh, we don't have that but we have this other piece of shit that we really don't know anything about in regard to the questions you've asked so let me waste as much of your time as possible trying to get you to buy it, OK?"

Yes, Best Buy apparently hires 12-year-olds who look like a FAR SIDE drawing come to life. And Wolf Camera has jack-crap in stock, and couldn't answer my very specific questions on top of that.

Yes, it matters how long the delay between photos is. No, I will never again buy any camera that takes somewhere randomly between 3 and 10 seconds to take another picture. If you can't tell me how long the delay is even though Consumer Reports did, and you don't have the cameras that are in Consumer Reports, and don't seem to care to find a similar model, then we have nothing to talk about here, do we?

So, my day is no thrill and the next several weeks promise to be very, very stressful. Please don't think I am neglecting you if I don't reply to your comments as often. Please don't think I have taken the blog for granted if I post once per day and then don't seem to come back for the rest of the day. And please don't think I am taking you for granted if I don't leave comments on your blog for awhile. I'm drowning here.

By the way, another update I thought was noteworthy: for those of you that know Steph the Attention Whore and Avery the Aussie, they both disappeared last Thursday and several of us were worried. Well, Steph posted today. She said her apartment was robbed and her computer was stolen along with everything else. Meanwhile, Avery's grandmother died and Avery had to fly from California to Australia to deal with that. So, at least they are both alive and well, even if not particularly happy right now.
You have read this article with the title Stressed Too Much for Coffee. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/11/stressed-too-much-for-coffee.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...