Wolf Spider Summer


I know this is weird, but one summer, for whatever reason, I think perhaps I went insane, I caught a giant wolf spider like this. I had him in a jar. Every night I'd go out in the garage. With the light on there would be moths beating their heads against the windows of the back door, trying to get inside to the light. I'd carefully open the jar, then open the door, and slip the jar around to the other side of the glass, sneaking up behind the moths to trap them inside the jar with the spider. Then I'd pop the lid on the leave the moth and wolf spider to get acquainted.

The wolf spider would happily play with the friendly moth until there were only two wings left of the moth. Wolf spiders apparently live a fairly long time as long as they have moths to eat. But I did discover that you have to be careful how big the moths are in relation to the wolf spider or the battle might not go your way and they both die. Don't tell PETA, but I lost some spiders due to a few oversized vicious moths.
You have read this article with the title Wolf Spider Summer. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/11/wolf-spider-summer.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...