Lunch with The Captain and The Detective


Here they come to snuff the rooster
Yeah here come the rooster, yeah
You know he ain’t gonna die
No, no, no, ya know he ain’t gonna die

I had lunch with The Captain and The Detective working on The Case of the Attempts to Murder Mr and Mrs Memphis Steve the other day. Some interesting things came out of our conversation.

"Well, Rooster is about to go to prison if he gets into trouble just one more time and he knows it."

"Mr. 'Yo G' has moved on to bigger things, but the attempts to break into your house have his name written all over it."

"Well, 'G' has in the past gone on benders that lasted several days and after they were over his friends would just dump him off at home. What he did once he got there even he couldn't remember, but it was some pretty insane stuff. He had no idea what he was doing."

"Yes, we know all about the 'problem children' up the street. We have arrested them quite a few times."

"Well, I arrested Jeremy once."

"I don't appreciate what you've said about Lt. Dixon. Who is this Secret Service Agent who said these things?"

"You actually live in a nice neighborhoood, but you just happened to have moved into the wrong place at exactly the wrong time. I used to live there myself and it was nice."

"The Chief would normally talk to you personally like you asked, but his daughter just died after a routine surgery. It was very unexpected. She was only 27 and she was at home recovering. There was a blood clot and it killed her."


First of all, I can't imagine what the Chief must be going through right now. How horrible is it to lose your 27-year-old daughter after a surgery that was supposed to be no big deal? That has got to be devastating. I can certainly understand why he might be unavailable.

Second, finally getting to talk directly with the higher ups about this case has helped a lot, although if they try to track down my friend in the Secret Service about his personal opinion of Lt. Dixon's handling of the initial situation things could turn upside down in a hurry and get very ugly. I hope that doesn't happen. My friend is not going to back down because he's right and he knows it. I didn't tell them just how many friends I have in the Secret Service or other branches of the U.S. Dept of Justice, but my friend is one of those rare 'true friends' and I'll do anything I can to stand up for him. He has never hesitated to stand up for me. If I have to defend my friend by suing the city then I will.

Third, I didn't know Rooster had been arrested and told that if he messes up once more he's off to Shelby County Correctional. No wonder he was clean and straight for so long and so all-of-a-sudden. But he's clearly sliding down the slope again, with the constant drunken screaming lately. I think he's right on the edge of falling down and winding up in prison soon. I don't see him being strong enough to fight it. He's just too far gone.

I pretty much figured 'Yo G' had moved on to bigger things, but I didn't know just who else knew or how far it has gone. I certainly didn't know that he had come home so messed up that he did insane things to his own house and then couldn't remember any of it. I've never even seen 'G' messed up before.

So, there you have it. Nice town, nice neighborhood, bad timing, bad location right next to big trouble. But the big trouble is all right on the edge of prison, which would quiet things down a good bit. And Jeremy is moving out. Life could improve pretty dramatically very soon. That would sure be nice. Even so, we plan to move if we can. This is just not home to either one of us.
You have read this article with the title Lunch with The Captain and The Detective. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/10/lunch-with-captain-and-detective.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...