I Had A Dream Last Night

I've just now remembered that I had a dream last night. It was about my father.

My Wife and I had moved into a different house somewhere. I have no idea where we were, but it was a strange house. I had apparently come home from work and was coming inside to change clothes. My father was there and he walked around the house with me, talking and giving me advice while I changed clothes and did all the things I do when I first come home after work.

I was aware that I hadn't seen him in a long time, but I wasn't aware of why. I was glad to see him. I was even glad to hear his advice, perhaps because it's been such a long time.

My Wife came home, too, and was going about the house doing all the things she does right after work. It was nighttime and dark out. I remember walking up and down a narrow hallway, talking to my dad as I went and he went with me. But I can't remember what we talked about. I don't believe I did anything specific or important, just walking around talking to my dad, putting on my clothes and knocking around in the kitchen or something.

I vaguely remember leaving the house to go get an old car, a Chevelle or a Cutlass or something. My dad went with me, I believe, and we brought the car home. Apparently it was mine and I had left it at a gas station for some reason.

I have no idea why I dreamed this. I know I haven't ever really dealt with my father's death, but this dream doesn't seem much like dealing with anything either. It just reminds me of how things were before he died. We talked a lot and I asked him about all sorts of things. Often his advice wasn't really helpful as we both got older, but it was always good to know he was there just in case. He was a highly intelligent man and he knew a lot of things about a lot of things.

I suppose there is a good chance I may be fighting off this flu that is going around. That would certainly explain such an unusual dream. Or perhaps it's just that I've started off my very first new year completely without him and I don't really want to?

Well, it's time to go to bed again. Who knows what I'll dream tonight?
You have read this article with the title I Had A Dream Last Night. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-had-dream-last-night.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...