Cheap Date

A week or so ago My Wife heard a song on the TV and asked me, "what is that? I want that!"

So I researched it on the internet and found it. It was the new song by John Mayer. I ordered the CD and then forgot about it.

Yesterday the CD arrived in the mail. I threw it on the table for My Wife to find. When she got home she noticed it, but didn't pay much attention to it. As the night wore on the shows on TV got weaker and weaker, until we were both reading mail and basically ignoring it. Finally, My Wife picked up the CD and played it.

She ended up listening to that thing for an hour and a half. But not the whole thing. Oh no, that would be too normal. She played only the very first song over and over and over while she stood in front of the stereo dancing and singing along with it. And giggling like mad. Yes, for an hour and a half.

I'm all for waiting for the world to change. Lord knows, it needs it. But if I had known it would be this easy to make My Wife so ecstatically happy with just one song I would have bought the CD a long time ago.

And what's going to happen with the rest of the CD? Is she just never going to play it? Or will she dance and sing for an hour and a half with each song, one by one?

mayer
Your damned song is in my head.
You have read this article with the title Cheap Date. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/10/cheap-date.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...