White Male Wednesday

I see it every day. I try to blow it off, but in blowing it off I'm doing the worst thing possible. I'm doing nothing to stop it. So, in light of the fact that I have a voice on the internet and a beef to be voiced, I'm establishing "White Male Wednesday" (which I will probably forget about and never do again.)

This week's featured hater of white males is: Washington Mutual

Washington Mutual, who prefers to be known as "WaMu", runs a series of ads in which a group of elderly white males, usually dressed only in their underwear, are dragged around a bank office by a smiling black man who has tied them all up with a rope. All of their ads are the same, with the only imagery of white males ever included by them being that of cartoon villians.

WaMu victim

On their website, which I examined thoroughly after emailing to ask them why they think it is acceptable to bash white men in their commercials, I found many photographs of what WaMu envisions their customers to look like. Only two photographs were of white males, and they were both under a tab for "singles" because, as we all know, all white males are single. Over 90 percent of their images are females, especially the images of "business owner" and "doctor." The rest of the males I found were hispanic or black, and there weren't many of those.

WaMu doctorWaMu white womanWaMu financial planner

WaMu emailed me a response to my inquiry about their television commercials. They said that since "most people" think of white males when they think of greedy evil bankers that this makes it OK for them to promote an image of white males and only white males as evil, stingy, greedy, insane bankers. No women or blacks can be used this way and no white males can be the "hero" who pulls the evil bankers around with the rope.

Interestingly, when I was downloading their photos I noticed that most of the images of women were labeled "hero_"something, like "hero_doctor" and "hero_business". None of the photos of men were "heroes", no matter what race they appeared to be.

Apparently they are so comfortable with this explanation that bigotry against white males is obviously OK that they didn't even feel the need to try to word it in some kind of PC bullshit jargon. I seem to recall a time in history when "most people" thought of greedy, dishonest bankers as Jews, but I don't see WaMu placing Yammukas on the men and making fun of Jews. Not that they wouldn't if the PC Police said they could.

WaMu business owner

So anyway, here's to WaMu, one of a host of financial institutions that have absolutely no images of a white male on any of their flyers, advertisements or commercials, except in playing the role of a villian or an out-of-focus spouse in the background. You all can suck it 'cause I will never do business with you fuckers.

wamu hating whitey
Suck it, WaMu!
You have read this article with the title White Male Wednesday. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/10/white-male-wednesday.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...