Memphis Driver Of The Month


Memphis Driver of the Month

I got behind this guy in his gold Nissan Maxima with a yellow ribbon on it in some windy turns. I was quickly irritated with him because he was driving slow and talking on his cell phone. So I took his photo in preparation for some typical Memphis crap driving.

We got through the S-turns and he picked up to a decent enough speed, but he was still on his cell phone. I was expecting trouble. When we got to the intersection where road dead-ends he amazed me. Despite being on his cell phone he still managed to put on his blinker! Most people don't bother. Even more amazingly, instead of sitting there with his thumbs up his ass while traffic was clear like most Memphis drivers do, he actually made his turn within a reasonable amount of time. As we passed the new private high school I noticed that this impressive-despite-the-cell-phone driver is elderly.

OK, so let's get this straight here. He's on the phone. He's old. He's got some girl in the car, probably his granddaughter, and he's apparently trying to get her somewhere. Yet despite all this he still managed to drive better than 90 percent of the people in Memphis. I am impressed. I was looking for my Memphis Asshole Driver of the Day, and instead I found this guy.

So here's to you, Mr. Exceptional Memphis Driver of the Month. The odds of finding another driver around here as good as you are almost zero, so I'm dedicating this entire month to you. Congratulations!
You have read this article with the title Memphis Driver Of The Month. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/09/memphis-driver-of-month.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...