Weekend Get Together and Stock Turds


I have to leave town today. I have a huge get-together with a bunch of old friends from high school back in Rocketown. I expect to be mildly out of control tonight and much more so Saturday night. Then again, out of control for me means I might blurt out something no one in their right mind would normally say. And the thing is, I do that all the time anyway.

So if you don't hear from me all weekend, I'm not ignoring you. I'm just out.

Oh, and on the subject of stocks and investing, back around 1998 or 99 I bought, against my own advice and better judgement, a little bit of stock in a company that everyone thought was ingenius called Verisign. Well, for the past year or two I've had a STOP order on this turd in case it fell any further than it already had. I wish to God I had done this 5 years ago, but I didn't even know about how to do it. So today I got an automated email that it sold due to falling further and deeper into the toilet. I just lost around $1900, which isn't as much as it could have been, but considering I didn't buy all that much of it, it is a loss of about 80%. Losing 80% is bad.
You have read this article with the title Weekend Get Together and Stock Turds. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/07/weekend-get-together-and-stock-turds.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...