Hurry Up and Wait Emergency and Harrah's


Continuing the Michael Jackson Week theme

OK, so Monday I moved my computer upstairs. I had a network problem and could not do any work because of it. I called the help desk and told them I had an emergency situation. They said they reported it as an emergency situation and that someone would be right up. Today is Wednesday. I just got a note that they were up here this morning (and what day is this?) and couldn't find me. Yeah, that's because I'm in another building working on a serious issue. I fixed the damn computer myself while waiting for them. Since they let me wait 3 days for an "emergency" fix I think I'll take my sweet time in calling them back.

It's busy today. I have lots and lots to do. Updating you on my financial misteps, I mean, investments, I'll tell you I just invested somewhat heavily in Harrah's (symbol: HET). I was pretty excited about EA Games for a long time and was going to invest in them, but I heard a lot of buzz around them and started to worry that maybe there were too many people in that stall hyping the price. I don't hear anyone talking about Harrah's, but it has performed every bit as well as EA Games over the past 5 years. More importantly, Harrahs has a local IT headquarters which gives me access to some inside information on who is in charge, what people think of them, and what the general attitude is with the employees. They are moving and shaking and all seemed to feel good about the company and its' future, so I'm jumping on board, in stock terms at least.

Yes, I realize that most people couldn't care less about my investments, but since I blog about it from time to time for my own documentation purposes I thought I'd go ahead and mention this. If Harrah's does me wrong then maybe I'll give up and crawl back to mutual funds, but I really think, based on what I've seen and read, that they are solid. You never know, though. We'll see if this ship sinks or sails.
You have read this article with the title Hurry Up and Wait Emergency and Harrah's. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2005/07/hurry-up-and-wait-emergency-and-harrah.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...