Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas to anyone and everyone who reads this blog. I can't believe I'm still writing it after all these years. It hasn't been the best year, by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn't mean it can't be a kick-ass Christmas even so!

I've already spent a semi-sober evening hanging out with a wild bunch of old high school friends in a club meeting, greeting, hugging and laughing with some of the most awesome people I ever knew, and many I never knew, but do now. I highly recommend it if you can swing it. I was lucky to go to a high school where most of the people were pretty exceptional and the girls were all hotter than a girl has a right to be. They've aged pretty well and still know how to have a good time.

For Christmas Eve I spent the day talking with family and friends from way back, and the night hanging out with my old basketball coach and his wife and some of their friends while we talked and laughed and had a good time.

I guess this Christmas I have tried to focus on spending as much time as I possibly can with people who matter to me, people I value, and people I might not get to see again in the future. We don't know what the future will bring, but this year I'm more keenly aware than in years past how much I value the people I grew up with.

Hug all the people who matter most to you this Christmas. Make sure you take whatever time they give to talk to you and listen to whatever they have to say. You might not see them again next year. You never know. And for God's sake, take a few pictures and videos of them! You'll miss them when they're gone.

Merry Christmas!!!

-

Steve in Memphis

You have read this article christmas with the title Merry Christmas!. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2012/12/merry-christmas.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...