Flatulent Friday


*** toot! ***


I don't really have much to say today. And truth be told, I'm not really flatulent today. I just like the way 'Flatulent Friday' rolls off the tongue. It sounds so smooth, like a fine Irish whiskey.

So I hadn't been back into the gym for almost 2 weeks until last Wednesday. I didn't feel like going, but I knew I needed to. My pump class was supposed to last one full hour. And I was ready to go. Sort of.

I did excellent the first half hour. I was doing better at both the endless squats and the endless push ups than I had in all the previous workouts. But then suddenly a feeling of exhaustion hit me. I had to stop and catch my breath. That clearly wasn't working so I just flat out sat down. The instructor (oh how I hate when she does this) leaned my way and shouted into the mic, "are you OK?"



I nodded that I was fine. But I knew I wasn't. So I got up and left the room. I had hoped that by walking around and cooling down a bit I might recover. I could quickly tell that it wasn't going to work. I got water. I walked around the entrance hall several times. I sat on a bench and sweated up their floor. I realized I was sitting just outside the girls locker room, which people always think is creepy and pervy, so I moved. But I never started feeling like I was ready to go back and try again.

Finally, I just gave up and went to the showers. I took as cold a shower as I could stand just to cool myself down. It has been extremely hot this year, especially considering we aren't even into Summer yet, and the heat is really getting to me. Even being inside an air-conditioned building, somehow the environment outside still affects us. And it was killing me.

I haven't slept well all week. More accurately, I haven't slept enough. I wanted to skip my workout and go home and sleep through lunch instead. I thought I'd be good and dedicated and go workout anyway, instead. It was a mistake.

So I guess on Monday I'll try again. Hopefully the results will be better. Otherwise, I've got a brilliant idea for an ice pack that you wear on your head that I might be forced to wear to this pump class in order to see if I can make it all the way through without collapsing again.

So, what are your plans for this weekend? Anything interesting?


bike ride
Interesting weekend plans




You have read this article fail / workout with the title Flatulent Friday. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2011/06/flatulent-friday.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...