Accents and Regional Dialects - a VLog

hot girl at oktoberfest

I was asked to do this. Sorta. After seeing my shitty video I doubt I'll be asked again.

This has made the rounds of various blogs. I got it from Ute, who got it from Fen. It's to show others how a blogger sounds, what our accent is like, how badly we curse, whether we have a lisp or sound gay, and that sort of thing.

I'm sorry if my voice sounds like I have a cold. I always sound like that. This is why I never became a famous singer. This and the fact that I suck at singing.



THE WORDY PART:

Say these words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught


Now answer these questions:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?

What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?

What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?

What do you call gym shoes?

What do you say to address a group of people?

What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?

What do you call your grandparents?

What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?

What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?

What is the thing you change the TV channel with?


So there you go. Wasn't that exciting? No? Well, not every day can be Drunken Rant Saturday, now can it?

I think I'm supposed to tag some people to do this, not that anyone responds to my tags. But OK, I tag:

Karina of Anywhere But Here in Vancouver
Krista of Oceanaria formly of Toronto, now in Vancouver
Alyson in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Senorita in San Fran
Spiky in Los Angeles
White Rabbit in the UK
Electro Kevin in the UK
Jules in New Zealand
Unique Stephen in eastern Australia
Frankie in Perth, Western Australia
Ubermouth of the UK
Dog3oy in Singapore
Marie in London, but originally from Sweden
I'm looking for anyone in South Africa
I'm looking for anyone in South America
I'm looking for anyone in the Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia - come on, let me hear from you!

There will be more tags to come if I can find a way to reach some of the people I'm thinking of. The further away you are, the more I want to hear your VLog. After all, this one is about Accents and Regional Dialects. And even if I didn't tag you, feel free to do this. And then tell me in the comments so I can come listen and make fun of you, er, marvel at your unique and special way of talking.

You have read this article vlog with the title Accents and Regional Dialects - a VLog. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2011/02/accents-and-regional-dialects-vlog.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...