Rampagingly King Kong Style






QuizGalaxy!

'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com

My Obituary


I can't remember, but I think I found the above quiz on Robin's blog. I may be wrong about that, though.

I'm at a loss today. I wrote something yesterday, but didn't post it. It's sitting in draft and will likely stay there until it no longer relates to anything current and then I'll try to post it. You'll of course look at it and say "huh?" And then I'll try to explain why my brain runs in reverse.

It's been hot. It hasn't even hit 90 degrees Fahrenheit yet, but already my body is complaining about the heat. And just as I was adjusting, it cooled off and rained all over us. Oh joy, humidity from hell!

In politics this week, I turned off the radio just as they began talking about the latest scandal involving politicians and a hooker in Washington D.C. I'm sure a bunch of Congressmen getting it on with a high-priced call-girl is exciting news for the truly bored and lonely, but it's old news and not really tweaking my curiosity right now. I just don't care. To be totally blunt, if I heard that George Bush himself had paid some professional hooker $1000 for a night of leather and lace I wouldn't be phased by it. Clinton did it, and so did Kennedy. Was Kennedy the first? I doubt it.

So, moving on ....

I've got a focus crisis. Or maybe it's a revelation. I need to start my workday with as much actual work and focus as possible. I'm finding that catching up on emails, while important in case I get a meeting invite or something, is also a major gateway to distraction, often leading from catching up on email to catching up on a Google search relating to whatever is on my mind (blue copper pipes) to catching up on your blogs to a day of unproductive time wasting when the whole distraction thing gets away from me. I can't have that. It's putting me behind my coworkers. Everything in IT is moving and changing fast, and each day I waste not catching up or keeping up is like a day of not studying in college. You'll pay for it one way or another. And I am.

bert is evil
"The other day I shot an elephant in my pajamas.
How he got in my pajamas I'll never know.
NYAAA HA HA!"

The other day, my boss made a comment about a local kid going to jail because of something he foolishly put up on YouTube - a video of him committing a felony. The boss casually mentioned that every corporation today does an internet background check on job applicants to see what they've put on the web. He said that just about anything you've ever written on the web is archived and sold as part of a background search service right along with the standard old background checks. He said just because you go back and delete something doesn't mean it's gone. It's archived and included as part of your file by companies that make their living on this sort of information.

That made me feel GREAT. If ever there were anything that might inspire me to delete this blog, that was it. I've tried to keep my blog anonymous, with no photos of my face at all. My unfortunate choice of URL addresses wasn't the sharpest move I ever made, but at the time I wasn't anticipating this turning into what it is. If I had it to do over I'd have chosen a URL like http://anonymous.blogspot.com/ or something like that. I may yet pick up and move this thing. Ya'll come with me, now, ya hear? Don't dump me if I move.

One time I did a Google search for myself to see what came up. Do you know what came up? Every HNT photo I ever posted. My ass was all over that Google search. Yeah, and those pictures came down in a hurry after that, too. It was all just supposed to be a joke. Can you imagine NASA or Lockheed running a background check on me and finding that? And from what my boss said, they very well may, pulling them up from some stupid archives somewhere.

Fabulous.

I don't know how much truth there is in what he said. I know it is a good idea to keep your blogs and MySpace pages either as anonymous or as sanitary as you can. But whether or not every little comment I've ever put on the internet is archived and brought up in background checks relating to me, I don't know. I don't even know where I'd go to find this out. But it's a disturbing thought.

I'm supposed to go to the gym again today. I don't think I have it in me. I know I need to go. The squat rack is calling my name. It's saying, "Memphis, you are a fat old pussy and you need to get over here and work out!"

Yeah, that squat rack always pisses me off with the trash talk.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. I know this isn't the most exciting post I've ever written. I mean, hell, I didn't comment on my morning poop here even once. But, you know, I can't be all poops and farts and bad drivers every day. Cut me some slack.

clown
"Poops and farts and hookers and beer -
Sing it with me, kids!"


You have read this article background check / quiz with the title Rampagingly King Kong Style. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2007/05/rampagingly-king-kong-style.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...