Rain

It's Friday and it's raining. In fact, it rained all night. It rained and lightninged and thundered so hard that it woke me and My Wife up at 4 a.m. We both got up to pee and when we did the cats came into the bathroom, possibly needing to pee, too, because they appeared to have been scared to death.

With the storm came nightmares and weird dreams, but not a good night's sleep. This morning traffic was surprisingly light compared to the crash-infested, clogged, passive/aggressive jam-ups of Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know if the coming storm was making everyone crazy or what, but yesterday people were flying past me at 100 mph while the people in front of me were riding their brakes and doing all they could to keep anyone from making use of the passing lane for anything other than a leisurely Sunday drive. Everyone was nuts and looking for a fight.

Today I'm the first one at work, which is surprising. I got a great parking spot in the garage right next to the elevator for once. I've got some coffee, I called 2 recruiters, one of which wasn't there and the other which wasted my time and talks as if he has a mouth full of gum so that he's hard to understand. And I have a problem in the code which I have not been able to figure out despite my best efforts, but I think the boss wants it soon.

Like 'today' soon.

On the radio I heard in the traffic report that there are 2 huge wrecks on the route I used to drive to work, around Walnut Road. One has been holding traffic dead stopped for an hour already and is anticipated to keep it there quite awhile longer. I'm guessing someone went off the side of Sanga Road and down into the deep water, but I can't say for sure. That happens from time to time, but to hold traffic up this long it must be more than that. Maybe they hit someone head-on or maybe several people are in the water? I have no idea.

Anyway, it's Friday, things are still very much not the same, and I'm not able to be on here much. I'm reading your comments, but I can't take much time to respond right now. I hope you'll understand. And I hope today goes better than Wednesday or Thursday because people were just nuts.
You have read this article with the title Rain. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/04/rain.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...