I Remember #5

I remember when all of the following had their own TV "variety" show: Glenn Campbell, Sonny and Cher, Donny and Marie Osmond, Tony Orlando and Dawn, and the Captain and Tenille.

I remember The Keen Brothers.

I remember David Cassidy.

I remember Hee Haw.

I remember Captain Marvel and Isis.

I remember Flip Wilson.

I remember Cheech and Chong.

I remember Chico and The Man.

I remember Captain Kangaroo, Mr Green Jeans, and that rabbit hand puppet that was always stealing his carrots. That show must have cost about $0.50 a day to make.

I remember Zoom and the kids laying on the giant letters that spelled out the title of the show and at the end they'd give you the address so you could write to Zoom in Boston, Massachusetts.

I remember Baretta and the bird he had.

I remember Starsky and Hutch.

I remember McCloud riding a horse down the street in New York City.

I remember Kojak.

I remember the Pitch Back, which was an aluminum frame with a net that you could throw a baseball into and it would send it rocketing back at decapitating speed for you to try and catch.

I remember the Star Trek phaser guns that shot little colored discs that spun like tiny frisbees and would ricochet of everything in the house.

I remember Stretch Armstrong.

I remember Micronauts.

I remember Spyder Bikes and how cool it was to have a slick for a back tire.

I remember Lincoln Logs.

I remember Lego blocks.

I remember turning the entire bedroom into a Hotwheels city, complete with raised highway courtesy of the hotwheels track with yellow strips and red connector pieces.

I remember Matchbox cars that you'd plug into a charger and then let them go under their own battery power to rocket around the HotWheels track.

I remember Evil Kneivel.

I remember the 6 Million Dollar Man with the little eye you could look through.

I remember G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip, whatever the hell that meant.

I remember the Fisher Price 2-story house with 2 car garage that opened up and had people and furniture inside, except that we always used it for our Hot Wheels cars.

I remember when the sky seemed so bright and so blue and the grass was so green and everything somehow seemed larger and clearer and cleaner and better.
You have read this article with the title I Remember #5. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/04/i-remember-5.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...