Monday Funday

Challenger

I had an interview today. If they decide they want me I'll be stepping back in time in terms of technology. I don't know if I want to do that. But I'll be stepping forward in pay, supposedly. And my benefits will be a hell of a lot better than The Bank, which has shitty benefits. In fact, I wouldn't even go so far as to call what The Bank has 'benefits.' They're an insult to benefits.

Something else to consider is that instead of working in a shitty, corrupt, lazy bank I'll be working at a hotrod company. All this company does is make computer tools for hotrodding modern cars and trucks. I think the fun factor has to be considered after spending 3 long years in a very much unfun environment.

Instead of working around a vault and a bunch of pretentious bankers all day I'd be working in a building with 2 Buick GNXs and a Mustang GT sitting in the packaging bay, 2 turbo diesel trucks on 2 floor-mounted dynos, a custom '55 Chevy being fitted with twin turbos and dual intercoolers on a small block Chevy V8 in the custom fabrication area, and a whole fleet of new cars and trucks outside for development and testing.

Anyway, it's a difficult decision and that's only if they make me an offer. They say they want to see me again so I can talk to the head engineer. He wasn't available today. I did see the owner, though. His grandson was running around with a paintball gun and he was running behind him, wearing jeans and a T-shirt and having the time of his life.

The big drawback here, as you may have already been thinking, is that this job is in Memphis. That would mean staying here even longer. I'm not sure if we can stand it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting calls from Nashville, a city I spent 13 years trying to find a decent job in and never seemed to be able to get there. Life is funny sometimes. Or a pain in the ass. I guess it depends on how you choose to look at it.
You have read this article with the title Monday Funday. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/04/monday-funday.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...