Running

Bad Poetry - So Bad It's Painful


rudolph and doggie

(Special Note: these horrific bits of poetic mauling were all written early one morning while I was still working for the Big Alabama Bank and very unhappy about it. And the coffee was lousy, too.)


Potato Chip
------------------
I'm sitting on the edge of insanity
a potato chip away from falling into darkness
the clovers in my mind are frostbitten and faded
footprints on the carpet stain the corners of my conciousness
I can't sit here any longer
I can't keep doing the same damned thing day after day
I can't find the sun
The clouds have taken over
It's dark here and it's cold
I'm fading and I'm old
So I have to take me away
I have to go
I have got to go
When will I be free?

I'm sinking down
like a ship in the bathtub
taking on soapy water
down to the drain I go
Ivory iceburg cuts me to the core
It's cold as hell out there
Got to get out
I'm shriveling like a corpse

There's cobwebs in the corner
thought I'd taken care of that
my head has grown too large it seems
now I can't even wear my hat
Got to get a smaller head

Train of thought
missed my stop
forgot my station
hang my head
ashamed of my nation

traitors, traitors, one and all
sell your soul
to the first bad idea you hear
you'll never find
a better place than you destroyed with all your fear

can't keep my faith
can't keep my head up off the floor
can't ever seem to erase
the image of you walking out that door
so many years ago

no light, no love, no hope, no home
take me away
got to get me away
find another place to stay

Gotta get away

chickenface

No One
-----
Only one set of footprints in the sand
no one there to hold my hand
no one waiting to carry me
I was never meant to be

Hold on, hold on,
one day you'll see
It is only
you and me

I was never meant to be

Cars flashing in the rain
waves keep moving
in this darkness wash away the pain
I can't hear you

I'm not listening
-----------
skeleton baby

I farted
You have read this article with the title Running. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/08/running_15.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...