Final Thoughts and Unfinished Business

I intend for this to be the last time I write about this, but as it has just occurred it's what's on my mind.

It's hard to take when someone you love dies. But it's strange when they are cremated instead of being buried. There's no viewing of a body and no burial. So the funeral is more like a church service, except a service about someone you knew rather than about God. There's no end, nothing to say "this is it and now it's over." The preacher talks and then says "OK, feel free to greet the family."

Then you're left standing there thinking, "that was it? What do we do next?" At no point do you drive out to the graveyard and bury the person. It's hard to explain, but it never feels as if they've died.

As My Wife keeps saying, there's no closure.

If My Dad walked in the door right now it probably wouldn't even occur to me that anything was odd. I never saw him dead or buried. It feels unfinished.
You have read this article with the title Final Thoughts and Unfinished Business. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/05/final-thoughts-and-unfinished-business.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...