Who Are You?!

I've been up all night studying C# and then I had to go online to take a test. Yeah, it was around 1 a.m. and I was on the internet taking a damned computer test.

Meanwhile, my cats were outside in the yard fighting with someone. I got a little tired of the yowling so I decided to jump up from the timed test just long enough to chase off the invading cat and bring my own inside. The test clock was running and I couldn't afford to waste much time.

When I went outside I found my cats staring at the fence and growling. There was a big black shadow on the top of the fence. I was surprised he hadn't run away when I came outside. I picked up a rock off the back porch and threw it at him. He didn't budge. So I ran across the yard at him figuring for sure that would send this stubborn tomcat on his way. It usually does.

As I got right up on top of the big black shadow I noticed that he had begun to move along the top of the fence to get away from me, but he didn't jump down. I also noticed that he was a whole lot bigger than any cat should be. It was way too dark to see any details of what I was now nearly on top of, but I knew it was no cat.

As he scrambled around on the top of the fence, refusing to jump off and run away, but not too happy about my charge across the yard, I determined that it was in fact a large raccoon. I also determined that I didn't particularly want to be nose-to-nose with him in the dark, in sweatpants and no shoes, without a bat or a gun. So I backed off just a bit.

He stopped scrambling around on my fence and stood still again. I went back to the porch and encouraged my cats to go inside. And by 'encouraged' I mean that I picked them up and threw them in the house. Then I went in and shut the door.

Phew, I'm awake!

You have read this article with the title Who Are You?!. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/05/who-are-you.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...