Just Bitchin'

OK, last night I got permission to go to the gym. Yes, I'm married and you have to do that. So I go. When I get back she's talking away and I'm trying to listen. But when I get in the shower, at some point while she's got her head stuck in the shower talking to me she decides to get mad. I'm guessing it was the lack of eye contact thing. She agreed that I could take a shower while she talked to me, but if I break eye contact, even when its because I have shampoo in my eyes, there's trouble. So for the rest of the night she's mad. At 11 p.m. when I need to go to sleep it finally starts. And it keeps going until after 1 a.m. Yes, I was needing to get to work early tomorrow, but now I'm going to be real tired.



Next morning, I am getting ready for work when I get cornered in the bathroom. A little more discussion about last night. Yes, I understand you are stressed and I love you. This goes on just long enough to keep me until I'm going to be late instead of early.



Late to work.



The boss is in a real bad mood. Things are going badly with his promotion and he's really pissed. He half-jokingly says he's going to fire my ass if I don't quit coming in late.



My coworker has decided that suddenly my project is important to him and he begins tasking me to do all kinds of crap. I'm already doing the crap. He needs to be tasked with this. He even tries to call a meeting with me between my other meetings. Oh, speaking of meetings ...



I have more meetings today than I can go to. I called half of them. For two of them the only person I really need to talk to is out of town. I'm doing Change Management for her right now and she's gone. Oh, and her signature is required on the forms, too. The load is tonight.



During lunch the waiter is a slow mother-f*cker. The boss is letting off steam, my coworker is trying to figure out which bathroom he just peed in because the outside of the door says 'MEN' but the inside says 'WOMEN', and the waiter can't even refill my water glass. How hard is that? So I have to get up and walk over to where they get the drinks and fill it myself because he's lost in space somewhere and forgot to come back with my damned water. His boss happens by and says, "Oh, I could have gotten that for you." No you couldn't. I'm not sitting at your table. I'm sitting at dumbass' table and he's gone. I smile and say nothing. The four of us, so impressed with his service are we, pool our funds to tip him $1.



Back to work in my boss' Lexus with a flat tire. He's so mad he's not even going to pump up the tire. Me, I'm just very tired.



So here I am trying to do paperwork for the project from a meeting yesterday before I can start on paperwork from the meeting today and I just found out that the sh!theads who crashed our system and caused me to be here for 3 days last time are planning to do it again tonight. So we are going to have to be here to shut the thing down before they crash it. That, of course, means that I won't be home for my wife to let off steam at. That means the steam will be building up all night until I get home. Already she's had a bad start to her day, with a job interview for a job she doesn't really want and she doesn't feel as if she did well in the interview anyway.



My phone is ringing. Whatever it is, I don't want to know.

You have read this article with the title Just Bitchin'. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2004/06/just-bitchin.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...