Whatever Can Go Wrong Will Go Wrong

Friday at work I was spending the usual hours copying tons of test data to the tmp directory of an important server. Right in the middle of this a major system went down and I had to spend a few hours wrestling it back into submission. Then I finished gathering the test data and went home, glad to finally escape for a 3 day weekend.



First thing Saturday morning I am awakened by one of my pagers going off. I called the number and was told that an application was crashing. While I was on the phone my other pager went off.



Yes, I have 2. Aren't I lucky?



It was another call about the same thing. Several hours later the problem was resolved. So I got to spend the rest of my weekend flooring the attic and climbing to the top of an oak tree to pull the broken tree top down.



Monday night my wife began stressing over her job search and decided to rip into me about it. So I was up late being shredded.



This was followed by a full Tuesday of system problems at work and me being the only person in the office today to deal with the avalanche.



Now the day is ending. Do I want to go home for a possible repeat of last night or do I want to stay here and risk more computer nightmares? Maybe I should stop off somewhere and have a drink for about 6 hours.



You have read this article with the title Whatever Can Go Wrong Will Go Wrong. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2004/06/whatever-can-go-wrong-will-go-wrong.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...