Streaming Expletives

Finger boy

I was working on my truck out in the driveway the other day. One of my neighbors had her two little boys playing in her front yard diagonally across from me. The oldest boy is maybe 5 years old. The younger is probably 3.

Oil was dripping from somewhere between my engine and my transmission. I was trying to peek up under there and find the source of the leak, but it was very hard to see. Oil dripped in my hair several times and then hit me in the face.

I started yelling, "Goddammit Goddammit Goddammit!"

I don't know why, but this particularly obscene and offensive expression seems to come out of me way more than it does most sane people. It was once the one word I would never say. But I spent several years lifting weights with an atheist who used the term all the time, and when I moved away it suddenly began to come out of my very own mouth, as if I had become possessed by my former workout partner.

So, I'm lying in oil and it's in my eye and I'm screaming the mother of all obscenities. Of course my neighbor's kids started repeating it, yelling at the top of their little lungs, "Goddammit Goddammit Goddammit! Ha ha ha"

They had no idea what it meant. They were just repeating what they heard and laughing at how mad and stupid I was. Their mother quickly took them inside in a panic. Now she doesn't speak to me nearly as often as she used to and her kids rarely play in the front yard anymore.

I am a bad, bad man.
You have read this article with the title Streaming Expletives. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/07/streaming-expletives.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...