Politician Within Range

John Edwards came to town yesterday. He was all spiffed up and shining like the bumper of a 1959 Cadillac. He wanted us all to know how important it is that we vote for John Kerry and not George Bush. This reminds me of the time 4 years ago when Julia Louise Dreyfuss called my house to tell me how important it is that I vote for Al Gore and not George Bush. I don't know if she was as shiny as John Edwards, but I'm sure she was glowing with enthusiasm.



Meanwhile, in my mailbox on that same day I found a letter from George Bush and the Republican Party. It was addressed to Stephen Joens and wanted to know if I was a patriot and thus inclined to give money to the Republicans. Inside was a lovely photo of Mr. Bush instead of the nude photo of his niece that I had been hoping for.



At least when John Kerry annoys me I get to see his daughter naked. It's not much consolation, but it's something.



Why is it illegal to shoot politicians? They are far less useful or attractive than a deer or a rabbit and yet we have entire seasons in which you can shoot those animals. What is the benefit of a herd of incredibly wealthy ivy league trial lawyers in Armani suits? Can't we build fences to keep these bastards off our property? Couldn't we ship them off to protected lands in Alaska and thus be left the hell alone? They could make lovely speeches to one another and be serenely happy without ever once having to cross the path of a regular American.



And the grizzly bears could hunt them freely, license or no.



See, it's win-win. Why doesn't anyone ever listen to my ideas?

You have read this article with the title Politician Within Range. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2004/08/politician-within-range.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...