How Can We Sleep While Melbourne's Burning?

I saw a glimpse of it on the news last night, but I was out at a restaurant and couldn't force them to turn the channel back to the story that has my undivided attention.



The record heatwave that struck Melbourne during the Australian Open tennis tournament (currently 118 degrees F) has turned into a deadly massive fire.



There are more blogger friends that I care a great deal about living in Melbourne than perhaps many of you realize. In fact, my all-time-favorite blogger is back and forth between there and Sydney and could be anywhere while this disaster is striking.



25 135 173 181 Melbourne residents are dead as of the last news report I heard, and more are likely to follow.

You really find out how much you care about people when you hear of something like this and can't think of anything else.

I'm someone who can't sit still when something like this is happening. Being 9500 miles away and utterly unable to do a thing except send out emails and wait for a reply is killing me.

One Melbourne Blogger has written about what she saw just today. Check it out.

Sorry for this interruption. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.



I don't know who put this video clip together, but I just wanted the song ...



You have read this article melbourne fires with the title How Can We Sleep While Melbourne's Burning?. You can bookmark this page URL http://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-can-we-sleep-while-melbourne-burning.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...