SPF - Home Sweet Home



This is Stuff Portrait Friday. Normally California Kristine handles it, but she's taking this week off. Kami of the DallasKs is doing the honors. This week the topics are:

~ What you love most about your home
~ What you love least about your home
~ What you love most about yourself



What I Love Most About My Home

ribbons
blue ribbons

My Wife hung these ribbons all around the house before I got home from work on my birthday.
Every now and then she will hang ribbons up like this on special occasions.
She says it's because My Mom never did anything like this for me.
Other times she's hidden cards all around the house, including in my shoes and underwear, telling me all the reasons she loves me.
She'll get all giggly and impatient waiting for me to find them all.
I've done the same for her.
Last time I hung yellow sticky notes all over the house before she got home telling her how much I love her.

This is what I'll remember about this house that I love.
When we leave here we probably won't miss Memphis, but we'll always remember the love in our home.


What I Love Least About My Home

Rooster

This is one of my neighbors. He calls himself Rooster. He's about 45 years old.
He's alcoholic and has mostly lost his mind.
He apparently did some really hard drugs when he was younger.
He lost his license years ago for DUI and as yet they have continually refused to give it back. Apparently cussing out the judge is a bad idea.
Who knew?
It's been at least 7 years now that we know of that he's been without his license.
He's right across the street and he likes to get stoned and start screaming at imaginary people.
He usually yells things like, "You goddamn niggers get outta here!"
His other favorite is, "Fuck you! Fuck alla you!"
Sometimes he yells at real people, but he usually doesn't yell at me.
Perhaps he knows I might hurt him?
He also avoids yelling at My Wife when I'm around.
He's a decent guy when he's sober, but that isn't all that often.
He once said to me, "don't pay no mind to me. I'm just crazy."
He knows he's in a bad way.

He's not the only neighbor like this, but he's one of the closest.
He's also one of the main reasons we haven't had kids while living here.


What I Love Most About Myself

chicken

This is a hard one to do.
There isn't much I particularly love about myself.
But I do seem to be fairly creative and capable of getting a laugh.
I was proud of myself for being able to make a good photo-story out of the chocolate creme eggs that Katya sent to me about a year ago, a story involving this rather familiar chicken.

Most of you probably weren't reading my blog back when I did that.

I think if I didn't have creativity and some way of expressing it I would lose my mind.

Maybe I already have and I just don't know it?
Maybe Rooster has a blog and right now he's writing about his crazy neighbor across the street who has a stuffed chicken that he sticks in his pants?

You never know.
You have read this article with the title SPF - Home Sweet Home. You can bookmark this page URL https://thebohemianbunny.blogspot.com/2006/02/spf-home-sweet-home.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...